Diabetics taking cholesterol lowering statin drugs can deplete their body's natural levels of CoQ10. CoQ10 is a very powerful antioxidant which protects your heart and your brain from Free Radicals which cause diabetes complications. Your heart and brain use large amounts of CoQ10 for energy and if you are taking Statins you are at greater risk due to the reduced production of this enzyme. Statins prevent the liver from making normal amounts of cholesterol and CoQ10. Doctors are told to be sure to tell patients who take Statin drugs to take a quality CoQ10 like Qunol which can help replenish lost CoQ10 due to statin drug therapy.
Lowering cholesterol was thought to be beneficial since researchers believed that LDL, named "bad cholesterol", was primarily responsible for fatty deposits in the artery walls. This understanding is now out of date. Now researchers have discovered it is the Lipoprotein (a) which has an additional adhesive protein surrounding the LDL fat globule that is responsible for the arterial lesions which cause arterial blockage! The Lipoprotein (a) is the stickiest protein in our bodies.
Qunol CoQ10 Information:
Clinical trials have proven that no regular CoQ10 supplement absorbs better than Qunol*. Qunol Ultra 100mg CoQ10, 3x Better Absorption, Patented Water and Fat Soluble Natural Supplement Form of Coenzyme Q10, Antioxidant for Heart Health, 120 Count Softgels
• SUPERIOR ABSORPTION: Water AND Fat Soluble
• SUPPORTS heart and vascular health
• PROMOTES healthy blood pressure levels (1)
• ESSENTIAL for energy production
• BENEFICIAL to statin drug users (2)
• POWERFUL ANTIOXIDANT
*Regular CoQ10 refer to unsolubilized ubiquinone in oil suspensions in softgels and/or powder-filled capsules/tablets.
(1) Helps maintain healthy blood pressure already within a normal range.
(2) Cholesterol-lowering statin drugs can deplete the body’s natural levels of CoQ10. Qunol® can help replenish lost CoQ10 due to statin drug therapy.
 Regular CoQ10 refers to unsolubilized ubiquinone in oil suspensions in softgels and/or powder-filled capsules/tablets.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
What Are the Facts About Lipoprotein (a)?
◆ Lipoprotein (a), not LDL, is the most important fat particle responsible for the deposit of cholesterol and other fats in the artery walls.
◆ Because of its sticky properties, lipoprotein (a) is one of the most effective repair molecules in the artery wall and, with ongoing vitamin deficiency, becomes one of the most dangerous risk factors for atherosclerosis and cardiovascular disease.
◆ A re-evaluation of the Farmington Heart Study, the largest cardiovascular risk factor study ever conducted, showed that lipoprotein (a) is a tenfold greater risk factor for heart disease than cholesterol or LDL cholesterol
In a Vitamin-Deficient Body, Lipoprotein (a) Becomes the Most Important Secondary Risk Factor for:
◆ Coronary Heart Disease and Heart Attacks
◆ Cerebrovascular Disease and Strokes
◆ Restenosis (Clogging) After Coronary Angioplasty
◆ Clogging of Bypass Grafts After Coronary Bypass Surgery
Lipoprotein (a) Blood Levels Vary Greatly Between One Individual and Another. What Do We Know About the Factors Influencing the Lipoprotein (a) Levels In the Blood?
Lipoprotein (a) levels are primarily determined by inheritance.
Special diets do not influence lipoprotein (A) blood levels.
Moreover, none of the presently available lipid-lowering prescription drugs lower lipoprotein (a) blood levels.
The Only substances that have, thus far, been shown to lower lipoprotein (a) levels are:
⁃ Vitamin C
⁃ Vitamin B3 (Nicotinate)
⁃ Lysine (decreases the stickiness of Lipoprotein (A))
⁃ Proline (decreases the stickiness of Lipoprotein (A))
⁃ See Dr. Raths' Cardio Multivitamin which can remove arterial blockage from arteries, if you have blockage. He has a U.S. patent on this product!
Above information from the book by Dr. Matthias Rath, M.D., Why Animals Don't Get Heart Attacks… But People Do!
More About Qunol CoQ10
• 300% BETTER ABSORPTION THAN REGULAR CoQ10; Clinical trials have proven that no other CoQ10 health supplement absorbs better than Qunol. In fact, Qunol Ultra absorbs 3X better than regular* CoQ10.
• #1 CARDIOLOGIST RECOMMENDED FORM OF COQ10*; With superior absorption compared to regular  CoQ10, Qunol 100mg CoQ10 capsules can help you reach optimal levels of Coenzyme Q10 sooner, so you can experience the potential benefits faster.
• 100% WATER AND FAT-SOLUBLE; Qunol CoQ10's patented formulation is 100% water and fat-soluble, unlike regular  CoQ10 that does not dissolve in water and dissolves very poorly in fat.
• BENEFICIAL TO STATIN DRUG USERS; Both cholesterol and CoQ10 are produced in the same pathway. Because statins work by blocking this pathway, they also block the production of CoQ10. Statin medications have been shown to lower CoQ10 levels by as much as 40%  and the addition of a CoQ10 supplement to statin drug therapy can help rebuild CoQ10 levels.
• ESSENTIAL FOR ENERGY PRODUCTION; CoQ10 is a naturally occurring nutrient-like coenzyme that plays an important role in the production of 95% of the energy used by our organs, and no other organ needs more energy than our hearts. Unfortunately, our CoQ10 levels may drop due to age, stress, and cholesterol-lowering statin drug therapy . Taking a CoQ10 health supplement is the best way to increase your natural CoQ10 levels and support heart health.
 Statin Side Effects: Weigh the Benefits and Risks - Mayo Clinic.
 CoQ10 and L-Carnitine for Statin Myalgia - Medscape.
Note: The statements herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Information and statements made are for educational purposes and are not intended to replace the advice of your doctor.